We are proud to partner with Allianz Travel to offer our customers a wide range of travel protection options. Please contact a certified travel consultant today for details on vacation protection packages available for your next vacation. You may also use the online quote box below to check rates and available coverage for yourself. Be sure to check out our Top 10 Reasons People Buy Travel Insurance below.
Allianz Travel, a world leader in travel insurance and assistance services, offers many reasons to protect yourself and your family with travel insurance. We help travelers every year through unanticipated travel delays, bad weather, lost luggage and medical emergencies in foreign countries.
Here are 10 reasons why experienced travelers choose Travel Insurance from Allianz Travel.*
1. Life is unpredictable. Some trips need to be cancelled. With travel insurance, you don’t necessarily have to pay for a trip you are unable to take.
2. Airlines mishandled over 21 million bags in 2013. Allianz Travel can provide coverage to replace needed items if your bags are delayed, damaged or stolen.
3. Credit card coverage may not provide sufficient coverage for travel. The free coverage that may or may not be included with your credit card will never be as extensive as a separate travel insurance plan.
4. Sick happens. Nothing can ruin a vacation like getting sick. Travel insurance can provide you with peace of mind – especially when travel outside the United States, where many hospitals request cash payments in the thousands before treatment can even begin.
5. Health insurance may not go the distance. Many U.S. health insurance policies (including Medicare and Medicaid) don’t cover international travel. And, those that do will likely not cover the cost of medical evacuation back to the U.S. which can cost more than $50,000.
6. Lost or forgotten medication? Travel insurance can provide assistance to help you locate a pharmacy to purchase a new prescription.
7. Even the most stable of travel suppliers can default quickly. If a cruise line, airline or tour operator ceases operations due to financial hardship or bankruptcy, travel insurance can save you from paying for a trip you’ll never get to take.
8. In the event of an emergency, airlines are not required to refund a ticket. It’s ultimately the airline’s decision whether your situation warrants a full refund of the ticket cost. Most times however, airlines will merely offer a credit voucher (the original purchase price minus a penalty fee) towards future travel.
9. Flight delays can add up. It’s not the airline’s responsibility to cover the expenses you accrue when your flight is delayed or you miss a connection. Travel insurance can reimburse you for costs associated with these, including rebooking fees, meals and accommodations.
10. We all experience tough economic times. The loss of a job or other income might mean a trip planned in advance may have to wait. Travel insurance can put cash back into your pocket when you when they need it most.
*Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.
Insurance benefits are underwritten by either BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company depending on insured’s state of residence. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of these plans.